Thursday, November 03, 2005

Success or failure. Rich or broke. Healthy or sick.

No matter our condition, we always want more. We must improve this, attain more of that. Seldom (want to say never), are people content with not only what they have, but who they are.

My husband wrote a quote book (http://www.quoteaquote.com/) so I should remember this, although I don’t, but someone said “life is nothing more than a struggle for improvement”. On some levels I agree. It’s in our nature; it’s who we are, and it’s what brought us to the top of the evolutionary ladder.

But the quest to better ourselves doesn’t have to be filled with negative altercations and struggle. Some say our society dictates that we must act and look a certain way. Achieve specific goals. Perhaps this is the answer or part of it that explains why so many people focus on goals that don’t really belong to them. With that notion, although success is possible, the journey is hazardous mentally, emotionally and physically. Even worse, the end results are never satisfactory for long.

Life has taught me there are different paths to different goals. Some may even take a lifetime to achieve, if at all. This is my focus; not the end, but the journey.

If our lives are spent ambitiously seeking goals, we’d better make absolutely sure of 2 things. First that our goals are truly worth pursuing. These must be OUR goals; what as individuals we really want, not what we’ve been told we need. And second, that we at least try and have a good time getting there.

I can’t help with the first part. Look within yourself, be true and you‘ll figure it out. With the second one however, I have some advice. Within reason, chances are others have had the same or very similar goals as you. Furthermore surely some have succeeded. Look to those people. Study their efforts. Replicate their triumphs and avoid their pitfalls. They’ve made their mistakes so you don’t have to. Use their roadmap to make your journey clearer and improve the means to your goals.

I’ve tried to live by this philosophy for the past 20 or so years of my life and will continue. Almost as far back did it occur to me that sharing my “secret” with others would make everyone feel and live healthier. Only now have I really acted on it. I decided to create Small Seminars (http://www.smallseminars.com/).

Small Seminars brings experts and success stories together with people who share their same dreams. Our applicants are pre-qualified to make sure they are truly dedicated, passionate and focused on their ambitions. Only the few who are (hence the name Small Seminars) are welcomed and learn one-on-one from those who have been in their shoes before and crossed the finish line.

However, I know there are so many people out there deserving to attend, who for whatever reason cannot. This is the reason I started this blog. I want people to share their success stories, and even their failures. I want people to ask for advice and people to share their wisdom. Whatever your dreams may be, small or large, somebody out there may be able to help. Ask here, and the answers may come.

And remember, it’s the journey that counts. So choose yours wisely.

To your success!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home